Written by: Ana Robinson, Nutritionist at Nourish Us
Whip up a ✨sprinkle of joy✨ in your kitchen with our delightful recipe for healthier gingerbread cookies, specially crafted for the littlest of taste buds. These soft and chewy treats are a perfect blend of wholesome ingredients, bringing a dash of holiday magic (and Le Puree!) to your baby's first cookie experience.
Embrace the joy of baking with your little one as you create memories and savor the sweetness of these nutritious delights together!
- 1 1/2 cup spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- Pinch of salt
- 4 Le Puree Pear Prune Buckwheat Cubes (defrosted)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup molasses (swap with maple syrup for babies under 12 months)
- 4 tbsp icing sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
1. Preheat oven to 180c and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl combine all of the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
3. Create a well in the centre and add your wet ingredients. Fold through until a dough forms.
4. On a clean surface sprinkle some extra flour and transfer the dough. Roll out with a rolling pin until about 1/2cm thick. Using a cookie cutter cut out as many gingerbread cookies as possible and then repeat with remaining dough.
5. Transfer to a baking tray and bake for 10-12min. Allow to cool.
6. In the mean time combine your icing ingredients and stir until well combined. Transfer mixture to a piping bag or zip lock bag so you can ice your gingerbread cookies. (skip the icing for babies under 12 months or if not wanting to add sugar)